dmd 2.029 release

superdan super at dan.org
Mon Apr 20 09:36:30 PDT 2009

Craig Black Wrote:

> I like very much the direction D2 is going now.  Language refactoring and
> enhancements driven by the goal of more elegant implementation of standard
> libraries.  This approach seems very practical and promising.  Thank you
> very much and keep it up!
>
> -Craig

holy guacashit this works.

import std.algorithm;
import std.range;
import std.stdio;

void main()
{
    string[] a = [ "shit", "poop" ];
    string[] b = [ "dump", "shite" ];
    sort!((a, b) { return a > b; })(chain(a, b));
    writeln(a, " ", b);
}

i'll be shat on. couple shitty problems tho. auto don't work shit for a and b. complains about fixed size strings'n'shit. then writeln(chain(a, b)) shites ChainImpl!(immutable(char)[][],immutable(char)[][]) to stdout. tat's liable to scare da shit outta a beginner.