DCat - a compact web application server in D.

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Mon Apr 20 18:17:48 PDT 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 06:34:11 -0400, Steve Teale
<steve.teale at britseyeview.com> wrote:

> Jacob Carlborg Wrote:
>
>> Steve Teale wrote:

>> have
>> documentation
>> at

>> > Hmm, forgot about that stuff, BSD maybe - suggest one please.
>> >

>> I suggest Boost or zlib/libpng.
>
> I realize there are legal subtleties in all these licenses. In your
> view, why is Boost better than BSD? Just curious.

BSD requires all copies (including binary code) to carry a copy of the
licence (i.e. in an about box, product documentation, etc). The Boost or
zlib/libpng licences don't require binary copies to carry a copy of the
licence. D runtime / Phobos use a combination of Boost and zlib/libpng
(mainly libpng). Commercial companies can have issues with the
requirements of the BSD licence.