DCat - a compact web application server in D.

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Mon Apr 20 22:11:34 PDT 2009

Michel Fortin Wrote:

> On 2009-04-20 00:38:48 -0400, Steve Teale <steve.teale at britseyeview.com> said:
>
> > Michel Fortin Wrote:

> >> Interesting. Just as I was thinking of creating a web app in D.
> >>
> >> What's the license?
> >
> > Hmm, forgot about that stuff, BSD maybe - suggest one please.
>
> By looking at the code, I've found a license. Not sure which license it
> is (looks a little BSD-like), but at least the terms are clear. Some
> (not all) modules start with this:
>
>  * Copyright (C) 2007 Steve Teale
>  *
>  * This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
>  * warranty.  In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
>  * arising from the use of this software.
>  *
>  * Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
>  * including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
>  * freely, subject to the following restrictions:
>  *
>  * 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
>  *    claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
>  *    in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
>  *    appreciated but is not required.<p>
>  * 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
>  *    misrepresented as being the original software.<p>
>  * 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
>

> --
> Michel Fortin
> michel.fortin at michelf.com
> http://michelf.com/

I had subsequently gone through the sources and added a BSD license, but now I have gone through them again, and put the zlib/libpng license back. I will post the modified zip today.

This of course excludes the stuff that was modified from Eric Anderton's DDL work. I will attempt to contact Eric, and ask if he will allow the modified versions to be put under zlib/libpng.

Is this a satisfactory approach within the D community?