dmd 2.029 release

Don nospam at nospam.com
Wed Apr 22 00:24:58 PDT 2009

Georg Wrede wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Lutger wrote:
>>> what the hell...this code can't be human.
>>
>> I was replaced by Colossus years ago.
>
> Michael A. Jackson wouldn't approve 1175 gotos in 113 files.

It'd be really funny to pass it through one of those "code quality"
metrics, one of the ones with a ridiculously heavy penalty for using
goto. I think it'd tell you that DMD source is almost the lowest-quality
code on the planet. <g>

Actually, looking through the DMD source it becomes obvious that goto is
really not a problem at all. The lack of comments is much more of a
problem. (Especially with files with names like "e2ir.c". What the heck
is "fltables.c", "cdxxx.c", "elxxx.c" ?). Even so, it's mostly not that
difficult to understand.