dmd 2.029 release

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:26:13 PDT 2009

Don, el 22 de abril a las 09:24 me escribiste:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
> >Walter Bright wrote:
> >>
> >>I was replaced by Colossus years ago.
> >Michael A. Jackson wouldn't approve 1175 gotos in 113 files.
>
> It'd be really funny to pass it through one of those "code quality"
> metrics, one of the ones with a ridiculously heavy penalty for using
> goto. I think it'd tell you that DMD source is almost the lowest-quality
> code on the planet. <g>

Try the Linux kernel.

The difference is:
a) Well, Linux is a kernel =)
b) Gotos are not used gratuitously in the kernel code, they are used to
   handle error, which is almost the only right way to do it in C. For
   what I saw for the DMD code that's not true.