dmd 2.029 release [OT]

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Apr 24 02:53:40 PDT 2009

"Georg Wrede" <georg.wrede at iki.fi> wrote in message
news:gsrrfn$kv3$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Those video editors, iTunes and such look like they're programmed by
> 12-year olds. Somewhere there should be an adult saying what not to do!

Well put.

> I bet the guy who did this never expected that whole-picture dragging
> actually uses more electricity in your computer. When every Firefox user
> (and the others "who have to implement this too, so as not to look
> inferior!") in the whole world drags whole pictures, the combined increase
> in world electric usage rises well above his day-job salary.
>
> Greenpeace ought to shoot him.

Funny, earlier today I was just thinking very much the same thing about a
video I saw a few weeks ago of Palm's WebOS (Or it might have been some
clone of WebOS). Fancy moving curves and scaling icons that serve absolutely
no purpose besides 1. "flash for the sake of flash" (I *hate* that!) and 2.
drain the battery. Which is really sad, I used to have so much respect for
Palm...But then they killed graffiti, and then replaced their PDAs with cell
phones (and we never did get PDAs with hard drives, which is ridiculous,
even my portable music player has a damn hard drive, which of course is one
device I wouldn't even need if my PDA *had a hdd!!*), and now this WebOS
garbage, sheesh...And speaking of PDAs, now Nintendo's been changing their
DS from a reasonable gaming device into the world's shittiest PDA...Man, the
world of software and consumer electronics really depresses me these days...