dmd 2.029 release [OT]

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 03:24:34 PDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:54:26 +0400, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> "BCS" <none at anon.com> wrote in message
> news:a6268ff50558cb92691721562e at news.digitalmars.com...

>>> I'd be killing my IM client constantly if not for that feature. I
>>> pretty much expect it of any application that's meant to be running
>>> for a long time and only rarely needing user interaction (such as a
>>> bittorrent client).
>>>

>> yah, for some programs you rarely want to close the program but often
>> want
>> to close the UI.
>>

> That's called "Minimize".

"Minimize" button usually minimizes the window to task bar.

Some applications provide an additional button alongside minimize and close that minimizes to tray (Emule and others).
Some other applications minimize to tray when you hold Shift while clicking the minimize button - Vypress chat, Download Master, Total Commander (plugin) and others. But overall - it's very inconsistent.

I personally wish that more programs adopt Shift+Minimize -> Tray behavior, it's easy to remember and easy to implement.