Metaprogramming in D tonight at the NWCPP

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Apr 27 03:26:39 PDT 2009

Arild Boes:
> Here's the link:
> http://www.vimeo.com/4333802

Globally is a very nice presentation.

I like how Walter is never putting himself over the people that are listening. He is humble and at the same level.
But the video isn't finished, where's the second part of the video? :-)

Using html pages with scroll down... uhm, I am not sure I like that much.

Walter explains the code he shows mostly after questions, not before. This has both advantages and disadvantages.

I think that unaryFunc has fused their brain a bit :-)

In the video the myToString function lacks the generation of the suffix.

Notes about D2, from the video:

The "static foreach" can be quite useful.

To reduce memory used by templates the compiler may perform tail-call optimization on the computations done by templates...

I don't like much that usage of "enum" keywork, in D2. It doesn't sound natural.

If functions can be run at compile time, can the "template" keyword be removed from the language? (to allow this other small things may be changed/improved).

Bye,
bearophile