Evanescent v0.1 released

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Mon Apr 27 04:30:31 PDT 2009

Uwe Keller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am happy to announce the first release of the evanescent project.
>
> evanescent is a collection of tools for reasoning in propositional
> logic and provides implementations of inference engines in the D
> programming language.

> a stress test for the D programming language that allows to evaluate how
> suitable D is for developing high performance inference engines for hard
> computational problems

> Bottom line: no toy implementations; instead, we aim at building
> efficient tools that are able to deal with realistic problems found
> in industrial applications.

Congratulations! Reading the web pages was impressive.
And actually I feel the D language could be congratulated, too, for
gaining such an impressive applicaton as a reference!

But totally ignoring your main point (because of a lack of background in
propositional logic :-) ), I'd like to ask:

  - What lead to choosing D?
  - What were the alternative languages?
  - Could you share some of your experiences so far with D?
     - The positive encourage us
     - The negative are valuable
  - Is there anything else you'd like to share with us?

--------

The sources seem to indicate D1 and Tango.