ACCU conference

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Apr 27 15:01:58 PDT 2009

Spacen Jasset wrote:
> Two years ago there was little mention of D. Mostly only Andrei
> mentioned it in one of his C++ related talks. This year I noticed there
> was lot of D on speakers slides, and some talk about it too. I think it
> would be an excellent idea to have some sort of general D talk at the
> ACCU next time.

During my talk, I asked for a show of hands on who had heard of D. As
far as I could tell, everyone raised their hand (about 60 attended the
talk). I asked who had actually done some coding in D, and perhaps a
dozen raised their hand.

I thought that was a very impressive result!

I'm also getting emails from people who are trying out D after attending
the conference.