dmd 1.053 and 2.037 release

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 22:33:25 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 08:05:13PM -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
> Probably the biggest thing is opDispatch!

Nay, the bug fixes!

It looks like you guys solved an elusive codegen problem in this release that's
been bugging me since about 2007. Not a showstopper - rearranging some
statements made it go away (also why I never filed a bug report; I couldn't
reproduce it reliably in any test case smaller than my 5000 line app!), but
an annoyance nonetheless.

I think it might have been Bugzilla 3521.

Whatever, I've been unable to reproduce it again at all over the last hour
and a half. I think it's dead!

Yay!

And WOW dmd 1 is fast. dmd 2 is fast too, but oh man, I've forgotten how
blazing dmd1 really is.

Anyway, thanks! So exciting.

--
Adam D. Ruppe