dmd 1.053 and 2.037 release

Mon Dec 7 02:51:19 PST 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Probably the biggest thing is opDispatch!
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.053.zip
>

> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.037.zip
>
> Many thanks to the numerous people who contributed to this update.

Thanks, guys! This is a pretty awesome release. :) I especially like
that opPow made it in, and also the changes to std.math look very useful.

I have one question regarding the latter: What exactly is supposed to
happen when I run the example in the FloatingPointControl documentation?
Is the program supposed to crash with some informative error message, or
do I have to do something to catch the exception? Currently, nothing out
of the ordinary happens when I run it on my computer -- y just becomes
NaN when x is NaN.

-Lars