dmd 1.053 and 2.037 release

Max Samukha spambox at d-coding.com
Mon Dec 7 02:52:06 PST 2009

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 23:43:16 -0600, Andrei Alexandrescu

>Walter Bright wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Not wanting to start a language war, but to just say C has plenty of
>>> design holes and then patronize it with the comment that designing
>>> languages is hard - well, you better have a hell of an argument up
>>> your sleeve.
>>
>> C really has only one major design flaw - the conflation of arrays and
>> pointers.
>
>Great insight.
>
>Andrei

I think the following real-world code is a good argument against comma
operators:

template <typename T>
Q_INLINE_TEMPLATE void QList<T>::node_destruct(Node *from, Node *to)
{
    if (QTypeInfo<T>::isLarge || QTypeInfo<T>::isStatic)
        while(from != to) --to, delete reinterpret_cast<T*>(to->v);
    else if (QTypeInfo<T>::isComplex)
        while (from != to) --to, reinterpret_cast<T*>(to)->~T();