dmd 1.054 and 2.038 release

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Dec 31 12:04:23 PST 2009

bearophile wrote:
> This is funny: min(x, y) = 10;    // sets x to 10
>
> This looks by far like the most useful improvement/change of this DMD
> release, I've already tried it and I like it a lot, thanks to Don and
> to you!

A lot of credit also goes to Andrei for design issues, and some others
who also submitted bugzilla reports and patches, such as Rainer Schuetze.

I don't think the min() example is that useful, I can't think of when I
ever needed it. But min() is important as one of those metaprogramming
"litmus tests" that are the canary that indicates whether one has a
complete system or not.