dmd 1.054 and 2.038 release

grauzone none at example.net
Thu Dec 31 12:22:58 PST 2009

bearophile wrote:
> grauzone:
>> But I have a problem: the compiler is either extremely slow for me, or
>> is stuck in an endless loop. All it does is to slowly allocate memory. I
>> aborted the compilation after ~ 20 minutes and 2 GB RAM allocation. This
>> wasn't the case with dmd 1.053, where it only took 5-10 seconds to compile.
>> Can anyone confirm this?
>
> Show the code!

I was going to say "but it's hundreds of modules", but then I tried to
compile some other big hog of code: Tango.

And I found compiling this file hangs:
http://dsource.org/projects/tango/browser/trunk/tango/core/tools/Demangler.d?rev=5248

The exact command line for this was:
dmd -c -I../tango/core -I.. -I../tango/core/vendor -release
-oftango-core-tools-Demangler-release.o ../tango/core/tools/Demangler.d

Again, could anyone confirm this?

Anyway, no time for this anymore, it's going to be 2010 soon here.