QtD 0.1 is out!

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Feb 5 15:02:26 PST 2009

"Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:gmfo1e$2ktp$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:
>> David Ferenczi Wrote:
>>
>>> I'm glad to see this release and the progress of qtd!
>>>
>>> Coudl you please provide a link to the tutrial? Many thanks!

>> tutorials are in trunk/examples
>> http://code.google.com/p/qtd/source/browse/#svn/trunk/examples
>
> "No files in this directory."
>
> Well that sucks.  Oh well, I... hey, wait a second...
>
> *unblocks javascript*
>
> "No files in this directory, but there ARE subdirectories!"
>
> Sometimes, I really wish there was a way to electrocute people for
> making their sites break without Javascript...

I'd be first in line for that even if I had to camp out all week.

Plus, notice that you can't open one of the files in a new tab without it
*also* opening in the same tab. That sort of garbage would never happen
without JS.

As for concerns about a web without JS being too slow: JS-heavy sites ARE
absurdly slow. I never had a problem with lag on *basic text entry* on a 386
or even an Apple 2. But with Firefox it happens constantly. Pathetic.