QtD 0.1 is out!

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Feb 5 17:38:19 PST 2009

"Bill Baxter" <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.658.1233882921.22690.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...
>> that for a few months before I found that addon, using the web was so bad
>> was *very* close to abandoning use of the web entirely.
>
> What kind of sites do you go that are so bad?  I find things a little
> annoying without FlashBlock, and I have Firefox's default popup
> blocking on, but with those two things, I don't see much of anything
> all *that* annoying in my day-to-day web use.  So I'm wondering if it
> has to do with the sites you frequent or something?  Or is it just
> your threshold for tolerating an ad or two is so much lower than mine?

FlashBlock is another one of my essential addons :)

Let me put it this way: I don't have any sort of documented reading
disability (ex, I've always done well on reading comprehension tests). But
dispite that, I find it nearly impossible to read anything more than a
single trivial sentence whenever there's anything moving, blinking,
spinning, a slideshow, etc anywhere near the text (or when there's a voice
reading it to me). It's not just annoying, it's a genuine distraction that
my mind is simply unable to block out. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, there
shouldn't be any moving, spinning, pulsating, animating crap to be blocked
out of my mind in the first place.