QtD 0.1 is out!

Chad J gamerchad at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:06:23 PST 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> FlashBlock is another one of my essential addons :)
>
> Let me put it this way: I don't have any sort of documented reading
> disability (ex, I've always done well on reading comprehension tests). But
> dispite that, I find it nearly impossible to read anything more than a
> single trivial sentence whenever there's anything moving, blinking,
> spinning, a slideshow, etc anywhere near the text (or when there's a voice
> reading it to me). It's not just annoying, it's a genuine distraction that
> my mind is simply unable to block out. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, there
> shouldn't be any moving, spinning, pulsating, animating crap to be blocked
> out of my mind in the first place.

Whoa.  At some point I realized that I was at peace with the web because
my eye balls would automatically repel from all of the
pulsating/spinny/blinky crap on the sides of web pages.  So apparently
my mind works a bit differently than yours.  My brain must have, at some
point, grown entire subnetworks of neurons dedicated to spam blocking.
I have come to consciously realize this as well, and become incredibly
thankful to it at the same time.  Nick, you have my sympathies.

Unfortunately for me, conceptual distractions are the bane of my
existence.  Really, I should be doing homework right now.  But I'm not.
 I'm doing this instead.