QtD 0.1 is out!

naryl cy at ngs.ru
Thu Feb 12 10:06:19 PST 2009

Don Wrote:
> Well, since Qt is going to use the lunatic# LGPL license, you have to
> use a DLL anyway for commercial use.
>
> # lunatic because of the prohibition against static linking. I cannot
> understand why anyone would use such an absolutely moronic license.

LGPL doesn't explicitly prohibits static linking. It serves to ensure that the modified library can be replaced by other version at any time. And there's a good reason for that.

Obviously you can't replace a library with other version if it's statically linked. But nothing prohibits from distributing a product in object files. :)