QtD 0.1 is out!

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:32:02 PST 2009

Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:
> naryl Wrote:
>
>> Eldar Insafutdinov Wrote:
>>> I'm thinking on putting only C++ part of binding to a dll, while statically link D part. With Qt 4.5 out under lgpl we can make QtD under BSD, so this will work.
>> You mean the Revised BSD License I presume?
>
> It's a subject to discuss. I am not good at licenses.

The revised (or modified) BSD is the version most commonly used today.
In my experience, when people say "BSD License" it's the one they are
usually referring to. This is the version of BSD used for Derelict.

As for the difference, the original BSD included a clause that required
derived works to acknowledge the original work. The modified version has
no such requirement. You can read more about it on Wikipedia[1].

I've looked at numerous open source projects over the years which were
licensed under the BSD. I can't recall the last time I saw one using the
  original version. IMO, using the modified version is a no-brainer.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses