Just one more thing...

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Feb 14 14:33:41 PST 2009

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:gn7cvo$tot$3 at digitalmars.com...
> Anders F Björklund wrote:
>> I gather this only works with Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" ?
>>
>> $ dmd/osx/bin/dmd hello.d
>> Bus error
>>
>> Could it be rebuilt with the MacOSX10.4u.sdk, perhaps ?
>
> Is 10.5 really binary incompatible with 10.4 ? And not even a nice message
> when it isn't?

Every time Apple puts out a new OSX version, they pretty much stop caring
about the previous one (at least when compared to the Win and Lin worlds).
Unless things have changed far more than I'm aware of since I was using OSX,
backwords-compatibility problems are just sort of the nature of the Mac
world.