Just one more thing...

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 19:47:38 PST 2009

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:11:38 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> Now includes Mac OSX version!
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.040.zip
>

> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.025.zip
>
> Expect bugs. Thread local storage isn't working on OSX, neither are
> sockets and memory mapped files (for unknown reasons).
>
> Thanks to Sean Kelly for a lot of help on the runtime library with this.

WRT the new layout of lib/bin.  I know that you specify how to fix the
permissions of the executables on the linux download page, but is it
possible to get the files as a tarball so they do not have to be set?  Or
to set the permissions in the zipfile (not sure about that one).  It
seems weird that a distribution for linux has to have its permissions set
manually.  I know it's been this way forever, but it does get annoying to
have to twiddle with an installation every time I install it.  It
probably isn't too much to host 2 different archives of the same file,
one in tgz format and one in zip.

BTW, the new layout is good for cygwin users, because previous to this on
windows, I had to remove the linux executables.  Cygwin would try to
execute those first before finding the .exe versions.

-Steve