Just one more thing...

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 13:22:06 PST 2009

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Anders F Björklund wrote:
> > I gather this only works with Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" ?
> >
> > $ dmd/osx/bin/dmd hello.d
> > Bus error
> >
> > Could it be rebuilt with the MacOSX10.4u.sdk, perhaps ?
>
> Is 10.5 really binary incompatible with 10.4 ? And not even a nice
> message when it isn't?

This is exactly the problem. I can confirm that it does not work on 10.4.11. However, it is EXTREMELY easy to get dmd to work on Tiger AND Leopard, but Walter will have to rebuild it linking to /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk (just a simple command-line switch when building it). This has to be done when building libphobos too, or we'll get an "Undefined Symbol" error when trying to build our own programs against it. Doing this will make it run on Tiger and Leopard, without having to have two builds for each system.

Walter, could you please do this for the 2.026 build, so we Tiger users can have D too?