QtD 0.1 is out!

grauzone none at example.net
Sat Feb 28 02:41:33 PST 2009

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:
>
>> We faced a bug that module static constructors don't work with cyclic
>> imports. Currently it's fixed with a dirty hack which is not really
>> acceptable. Is there any chance for this to be fixed?
>
> IMO it is the cyclic import that is the bug ;)

Maybe all cyclic dependency bugs are on purpose, to teach people not to
use this evil D feature? Yeah, that must it be. I can't explain why else
these bugs/issues aren't fixed, and why people only reply with
incredibly useful statements like "but you shouldn't use this feature
anyway!".

Broken features should be either fixed or removed. This half-assedness
about it isn't really going to help D.