LDC 0.9 released

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jan 9 02:19:08 PST 2009

Christian Kamm wrote:
> PowerPC support is still in its infancy. We've had two people looking at it
> a few months back, but I haven't heard from either recently. I think they
> ran into a frontend-portability issue:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/ldc/ticket/76
>
> I don't think anyone has tried LDC on ARM yet.

ARM is real big on embedded systems like phones. D is an ideal language
for them. I get asked a lot about supporting it.

The PPC is a more fill-in-the-blank, as it is yesterday's machine.

Anyhow, getting D on more platforms will remove a lot of barriers people
have to using it. LDC is a big step forward for that.