LDC 0.9 released

David Ferenczi raggae at ferenczi.net
Fri Jan 9 09:29:56 PST 2009

naryl wrote:

> David Ferenczi Wrote:
>
>> naryl wrote:

>> > You can find ebuilds for ldc trunk here:
>> > http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/d-overlay Sorry I have an exam in two
>> > days so v0.9 ebuild won't be available for a while.
>>
>> Hey, this is great news, indeed! Did I overlook something or there was no
>> announcement about this overlay?
>
> No. Just an obscure link on ldc page. :)
>
>> It would be nice to see these packages in portage directly, or at least
>> in the official overlay. Any chance?
>
> It's a little small to be included in official overlay list but we can
> try.

I don't think so. The current d overlay has much less packages, and they are
even unmaintained.

>> I tried to install the overlay, but I get an 'Overlay "d-overlay" is
>> missing a "contact" attribute!' error message.
>
> Didn't know that it's required. Anyway, try again now.

It is required if you set in layman.cfg the "nocheck" option to "no".
Now it compalins about missing description entry. ;-)

But I must say, that I'm impressed of the qualitiy of your peackages, the
slots, the dependencies, and even the eselect configuration...so I'm happy
with that. An it works out of the box. Great work!

Thank you very much,
David