rdmd and popen

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jan 17 09:19:38 PST 2009

Max Samukha wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:09:43 +0200, Max Samukha
> <samukha at voliacable.com.removethis> wrote:
>
>> rebuild is pretty unusable with dmd 2.023, so I've taken the liberty
>> to port a popen implementation to D for Windows and modify rdmd to use
>> that.
>>
>> The handle returned by the popen st
>
> ..ill fails at the end of stream (maybe due to this issue
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/c++/windows/32-bits/274.html),
> so the exception is simply ignored for now.
>
> The rdmd.d patch and popen are here
> http://d-coding.com/download/rdmd.zip

That's great! Is it ok with you if I take the popen implementation and
do the rdmd integration by hand? I made a couple of other changes to
rdmd and I'm not sure how patch would cope with that. Also, please let
me know if you allow me to change popen a bit to e.g make symbols more
local and add documentation. Finally, please let me know if I can
publish your implementation in Phobos and use it in other functions such
as shell().

Thanks,

Andrei