Descent 0.5.3 released

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Jan 19 19:14:15 PST 2009

Trass3r wrote:
> Ary Borenszweig schrieb:
>> And a question: what would you like to see next in Descent?
>>

> #1: the "preprocessed"-source output discussed in the learn newsgroup!
> ("...output a copy of what the source files look like after things like
> mixins, CTFE and versions are applied? (Sort of like running a C
> compiler with a "preprocess-only" flag)...)

I think this point is pretty feasible. I can probably implement it as a
view. The only "problem" is that if I do that, I'll also have to show
the optimized version of the code (which might be very interesting). So
if you have:

--
int foo(int x) {
   return 2 * x;

int bar() {
   return 3 * foo(4);

you might end up seeing in that view:

--

int foo(int x) {
   return 2 * x;

int bar() {
   return 24;

> #2: parse command line output from dmd and jump to errors in the source
> file

Yeah... This seems like the favorite one.