Descent 0.5.4 released

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 11:01:31 PST 2009

Daniel Keep wrote:
[snip]

> I've never been big on IDEs; I never felt that they had enough
> advantages over a plain text editor to make up for the slowness and
> restrictions.
>
> But this is just so freaking awesome, I'm seriously considering moving
> over to Descent for my D development.  It's just a pity I can't have my
> Vim editing commands, too :P
>
>   -- Daniel

who said you can't? here's how you can have both:

eclipse (descnet is a plugin of it) has three default key mappings that
can be used:
  - the default eclipse key bindings
  - emacs key-bindings
  - vim key bindings

besides that there's also a plugin that implements vim for eclipse,
which I forgot it's name. you can google for it, I guess. the plugin
integrates vim's text editing capabilities into an eclipse editor.
I didn't try the plugin with D code, but for C/C++ it works great.