dmd 1.046 and 2.031 releases

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Jul 6 03:18:33 PDT 2009

grauzone wrote:
> No. Also, this final switch feature seems to be only marginally useful,
> and normal switch statements do the same, just at runtime. So much for
> "more pressing issues" but it's his language and not mine so I'll shut up.

The final switch deals with a problem where you add an enum member in
one file and then have to find and update every switch statement that
uses that enum. There's no straightforward way to find them to ensure
the case gets added to each switch.

It's solving a similar problem that symbolic constants do.

The fall-through thing, though, is purely local and so much less of an
issue.