dmd 1.046 and 2.031 releases

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jul 7 18:13:40 PDT 2009

Derek Parnell wrote:
> Here is where I propose having a signal to the compiler about which
> specific variables I'm worried about, and if I code an assignment to one of
> these that can potentially overflow, then the compiler must issue a
> message.

You can implement that as a library. In fact I wanted to do it for
Phobos for a long time. I've discussed it in this group too (to an
unusual consensus), but I forgot the thread's title and stupid
Thunderbird "download 500 headers at a time forever even long after have
changed that idiotic default option" won't let me find it.

Andrei