dmd 1.046 and 2.031 releases

Don nospam at nospam.com
Thu Jul 9 00:02:06 PDT 2009

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Walter Bright, el  5 de julio a las 22:05 me escribiste:
>> Something for everyone here.
>>

>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.046.zip
>>

>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.031.zip
>
> I incidentally went through all the D2 bug reports that had being fixed in
> this release and I was really surprised about how much of them had patches
> by Don (the vast majority!).
>
> Thanks Don! I think it's great that more people are becoming major
> D contributors.

Thanks! Yeah, I did a major assault on the segfault/internal compiler
error bugs. I figured that right now, the most useful thing I could do
was to make the compiler stable. I have few more to give to Walter, but
in general it should be quite difficult to crash the compiler now.

A couple of my other bug patches -- 1994 and 3010 -- appear to be fixed
in this release, though they are not in the changelog. Also the ICE from
339 is fixed.