Descent generated documentation

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Fri Jul 10 05:39:07 PDT 2009

Gide Nwawudu escribió:
> On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:01:02 -0300, Ary Borenszweig
> <ary at esperanto.org.ar> wrote:
>
>> torhu escribió:

>>> Especially with Tango I've found that it's often easier to figure out
>>> what you need to know by reading the code than the docs.  Particularly
>>> Kris' code for some modules is easier to read than the (current and
>>> previous) docs, and in some cases the code will always tell you more
>>> than docs can.  So it would be nice to have a link to the source.  Just
>>> a link to the plain text version would be perfect.
>> Then better docs should be written. :-)
>>
>> Looking at the source code tempts you to do dirty things. I don't want
>> that happenning.
>
> It is helpful to read the source code, the unittests are enlightening.
> Unless there is an option to include unittests as example code in the
> documentation.

Now that's a good idea!!

A lot of times unit tests show how an API is supposed to be used, and
explains a lot more than documentation.

I'll definitely include unit tests in the documentation.

(unfortunately the listing will be "unit test 1", "unit test 2", etc.,
because there's no way to name unit tests, grrrrrrrrrr....)