C++0x Concepts - Dead?

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Wed Jul 15 06:53:36 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> D (constraints) + (static if) + (pragma msg) can do everything that
> Concepts do but one thing - checking of the template body against the
> constraint. My opinion is the latter is of low importance.

I have somehow the idea that D constraints and template specialization
should merge.
Guess what I want to say is that instead of accepting the  compiler
decision for template specialization  a constraints could be used for :
"I am not the one who is able to fulfill your needs.. try this template
instead."

template Foo(int N)
         if ( ( N & 1 _else_ FooOdd!(int N)... ) ) // or pattern matching
{
//not the world's best example, but guess it is showing the intention.
--
NO constraint, let Mr compiler decide which template fits. (old behavior)