C++0x Concepts - Dead?

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Thu Jul 16 17:32:03 PDT 2009

bearophile wrote:
> BLS:
>>> I have no idea how that works, though Bartosz has been looking into it.
>> O well, I am pretty sure that bearophile is willing to give you any
>> information you need  :)
>
> Pattern matching is handy and it can be powerful, for example I've seen OCaML code that uses it to implement a AVL search tree in about 15 lines of code. But probably it also adds lot of complexity to a language like D, so there are more important things to add to D2 now (like good concurrency).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I see your point... you are doing bio informatics..so speed matters..
for me the things are a bit different...

But I guess that you'll agree with me that Scala pattern matching has a
reasonable syntax. (Not necessarily talking about "How difficult is it
from a compiler author's view)

object MatchTest2 extends Application {
   def matchTest(x: Any): Any = x match {
     case 1 => "one"