C++0x Concepts - Dead?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Jul 17 21:31:59 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> BLS wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it is a very good reason. Of course, we can argue about if it
>>> is actually intuitive or not.
>>
>> ok. but that's only  eye candy, no ?
>
> Intuitive has a lot of benefits:
>
> 1. easy to learn
> 2. easy to use correctly
> 3. easy to spot mistakes
> 4. makes code look more attractive
> 5. less intimidating
>

> I once drove a tractor that you stepped on the gas to stop it, and
> released the pedal to get it to go. I nearly drove the thing through the
> owner's boat. Missed it by about an inch.

On a visit to London, there was a guy in a very circulated pedestrian
area downtown who challenged people to ride a bicycle that had reverted
steering - you'd have to turn the steering to the left to veer right.
He'd challenge people 5 pounds to only ride the bike straight for a few
yards (no need to even pedal, just push it once). He'd demonstrate how
to do it first.

He made $35 only as I ate a pizza watching.

Andrei