Descent, now with Open Type Hierarchy

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Fri Jul 24 08:03:19 PDT 2009

Robert Clipsham wrote:
> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I just uploaded a new version of Descent that implements the "Open
>> Type Hierarchy" funcionality. You can see a video of it here:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2rR53hUrG8
>>
>> Enjoy :-)
>> Ary
>
> Descent just keeps getting better and better! I do have one question
> though, is there and special set up needed that isn't mentioned on the
> wiki?

I guess these, but there are links in the front page:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/Configuring
http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/ConfiguringProject

> I finally got around to having a play with it, and import
> statements weren't automatically written out for me.

You can check the Error Log in Eclipse if something goes wrong. Window
-> Show View, and depending on the version of Eclipse it can be under
General or PDE Runtime.

> I also guess
> there's a key combo to suggest the type as shown in the first few
> seconds of that video, as I was wondering why that wasn't working.

F4, it's mentioned here:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/Shortcuts