MySQLD

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jun 12 02:29:33 PDT 2009

Steve Teale wrote:
> I have posted this version 0.00 module on my DCat web page -
> http://www.britseyeview.com/dcat/ from where you can download it.
>
> The generated documentation is also there.
>
> The header files I translated to D are GPL. License experts out
> there, where does that leave the D version? At the moment I have
> retained the GPL header.
>
> I'd welcome comments.

If you're translating GPL code to D, the result is a derived work and
therefore still GPL.

If it's just a list of declarations, though, I don't believe it is
copyrightable, as long as you rewrite them and don't just copy/paste it.

I think Linus Torvalds got sued over having an errno.h that matched up
with Unix's, same names, same values, and he prevailed.