rdmd

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Mar 5 06:31:31 PST 2009

Georg Wrede wrote:
> Just downloaded D 2.026 and tried rdmd. No eval?????

Sorry, inclusion of the new rdmd has not been done due to rdmd's
dependency of the new phobos.

> I'd *really* appreciate a --version switch. (Probably, instead of fancy
> version numbers, either the repo version, and/or just plain compilation
> date would be nice.) Currently, since the binary is packed, there is no
> way to even peek at the strings in hopes of getting a clue....

What would it do?

> It also seems to accept just any switch:
>
> $ rdmd --bullcrap="bull crap"
> Error: crap.d: No such file or directory
>
> And from my bash dmd-wrapper log:
>
> compiling /usr/local/digitalmars/dmd2026/linux/bin/dmd --bullcrap=bull
> -v -o- crap.d

Yah, rdmd passed the buck to dmd. Previously rdmd also had a bug related
to whitespace in options, which in turn was a quick fix to the gorram
shebang issue, which I now fixed the proper way by adding --shebang.

Anyhoo, with what I have now the erroneous flag is properly reported.
Per popular demand (from one person that is :o)), I made the Linux rdmd
binary available for download from
http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/~aalexand/d/rdmd.

Andrei