rdmd

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:21:53 PST 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>> Should I be able to
>>
>> $ rdmd --eval='printf("Yay, rdmd!")'
>>

> Yah. For my money, I can't fathom working in D without rdmd. Now with
> --eval and passable regexes it's even better because I can easily do
> tasks (from shell files) that would take longer in Perl.
>
> Since the current source uses the not-yet-released phobos, I wanted to
> attach a binary so you can try it, but it's too big for the news server.
>

> Andrei

It would be nice to have a config file that lets me specify the default
imports and compiler (though this would make it slower). I can send you
a patch for this, but I can't seem to build rdmd without modifications;
it requires a struct File that has a method popen(string). I can change
File to FILE* and make a few minor changes to get it to compile, which
is what I did.

Anyway, my modifications look for a config file:
in /etc/
in /usr/local/etc
in the exe directory

Currently it just looks for default imports and the compiler name. Other
things to add are compiler flags, and maybe dsss support.

The solution for getting the exe directory isn't included in phobos, as
far as I could tell. Perhaps you'd like to change that.