dmd 1.041 and 2.026 releases

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Mar 5 20:40:09 PST 2009

"Georg Wrede" <georg.wrede at iki.fi> wrote in message
news:gophg0$2uu3$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>>> As far as I know, that's the first time I've ever ???????? something.
>>
>> It says "Don-san wa kakimashita:"  or "Mr. Don wrote:"
>>
>> :-)
>
> It's the first time I see something in Japanese is longer than the English
> version.

I've noticed it seems to happen both ways. It's interesting how english
words get translated into their katakana alphabet. I've seen that
occasionally end up longer than the original spelling because of
approximating certain sounds and sound combinations that they don't have.
And then when that katakana gets written in our english/roman letters, it's
roughly twice as long as the katakana. Its been far too long since I've
studied it though, so I can't really think of a good example (probably
something with a lot of consecutive consonants). I do love the language
though (even though I understand very little of it).