dmd 1.041 and 2.026 releases

hasen hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:46:42 PST 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "hasen" <hasan.aljudy at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:gophel$2vj7$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Don wrote:
>>> As far as I know, that's the first time I've ever ???????? something.
>>>
>> ????? [kakimashita] -> "wrote"
>> *don't try to pronounce it in English because it's *not* ka-kee-mashii-ta
>> :P
>
> In other words, the "i" from the "shi" generally gets dropped in cases like
> this. (There isn't anything else about the pronunciation I'm unaware of, is
> there?)

Well, sure there is. You know how non-native-English speakers often
pronounce English words using the rules of their own native language?
And they sound kinda funny, no? (This includes me too! lol)

Same thing kinda applies here.

There are several differences (some of them are somewhat subtle) that
make American pronunciation of Japanese sound quite .. funny :P

Just one example, in English (more specifically, north american
english), most often, non-stressed vowels are converted to schwa (think
about the 'u' sound in the verb subject vs the noun subject). Japanese
doesn't do that kinda thing.

wow, this is very off-topic.