dmd 1.041 and 2.026 releases

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 06:22:38 PST 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>> Walter Bright, el  5 de marzo a las 11:37 me escribiste:
>>> You don't need it, I'll fix the makefile. total.h is for precompiled
>>> headers, which don't even exist on gcc.
>>
>> I don't know exactly what you mean, but:
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Precompiled-Headers.html
>>

> I suppose it's been added since the last time I looked. gcc has
> thousands of switches.

There are days when I can get upset at you for not implementing feature
X.  I really need X, damnit.  Do you have any idea how badly I want X?!

And then I do something that requires me to look at the man page for
gcc.  And then I die a little inside.

It's strange at times, but I do appreciate that you take a considerable
amount of convincing.  It's a bit like the situation with Archchancellor
Mustrum Ridcully from Discworld; he holds the view that if someone is
still trying to explain something to him after about 2 minutes, it must
be worth listening to, and if they give up earlier, it was not worth
bothering him with in the first place.

Obviously, s/minutes/years/ :P

  -- Daniel