OpenMW 0.6 (+Monster) is out!

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas.l.olsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:11:21 PDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Nicolay Korslund <korslund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Those following the progress of D in game development might be interested to know that OpenMW 0.6 is out.

I just checked it out, and while it took a little while to get
everything built, the result was really really cool :D

Definitely gonna play a bit with this tonight :)

Just for information, building on Arch Linux is fairly easy. All the
packages are in AUR except openmw itself.
In case someone else want to try, just get:

1)
ogre
mygui-svn
bullet-2.74
openal
ffmpeg
ois
dmd
libphobos
dsss

2)
then checkout openmw.
a few things aren't set up right, so edit the Makefile and add:

-I/usr/include/libavcodec -I/usr/include/libavformat

to the ffmpeg section.

Edit dsss.conf as well replacing the bullet libraries with:

-llBulletDynamics -llBulletCollision -llLinearMath

in both places.

3)
symlink data files into 'openmw/data', execute, enjoy !

I'm not sure this is a good place to post this, but here it is!

-Tomas