dmd 1.041 and 2.026 releases

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 10:42:01 PDT 2009

== Quote from Ellery Newcomer (ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu)'s article
> Walter Bright wrote:
> > davesun wrote:
> >> when can I use dmd on 64bit linux ?
> >

> > You can now - 32 bit executables work fine on 64 bit linux!
> Maybe I should try it again sometime, but I ran into linker issues when
> I tried using DMD on 64bit linux. Other than that, DMD worked fine.

Same here, but only on some installations of 64-bit Linux.  Others work fine.  I
think the key is that you need the 32-bit version of GCC and all the libraries
like libpthread, libgcc, libc, etc. available.  I've been nagging my sysadmin to
install these, though it matters less for me now that I have the DMD source and
was able to make DMD work on some other Linux boxes that it previously didn't work
on for unrelated reasons.  If you have a bunch of Linux boxes around, you can also
compile on one that has the 32-bit libs and copy the resulting binary over to one
that doesn't, and it will usually work.