Blaze 2.0

Mason Green mason.green at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:54:23 PDT 2009

Brian wrote:
> I don't know how different Blaze 2.0 is from the version i had, but I'll
> take a look when I get a chance and see if I can be of any help.  I'm
> using Box2D for the time being because there were still GC issues, but
> I'm very excited about "smoothed partial hydrodynamics" and non-convex
> models/partitioning.

Blaze 2.0 is 90% Box2D, using all the same algorithms for the CPU
intensive tasks.  All I did was add smoothed particle dynamics, and
force generators from the Motor2 engine. The new version is much, much
different from Blaze 1.0.

Motor2 has a few other features that I may eventually incorporate, but
as I mentioned, for all practical purposes Blaze 2.0 is pretty much a
straight port of Box2D.

Performance should be on par with the Java and Action Script variants of
Box2D, aside from their more efficient garbage collectors. If there are
D specific tricks I can use to speed up the engine, I would definitely
appreciate the help and/or contribution.