dmd 1.041 and 2.026 releases

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 18:42:30 PDT 2009

There is a problem with debug symbols, namely source file paths, generated by DMD on OS X. It seems that gdb cannot find any source files when debugging a program compiled with DMD's -g (or -gc) switch, with a "no source file named [whatever]" error, so setting breakpoints is impossible. GDC on OS X does not have this problem. Some googling around has led me to discover that GNU gcc on linux (not Apple gcc) also had this problem a few releases ago until it was patched, caused by something to do with the pathnames used in the debug symbols it generated, though I'm not sure of the technical details.