I'm curious: when will D2 be declared stable?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Mar 25 13:10:38 PDT 2009

Walter Bright:
> Concurrency support.

Is it possible for you to find a sponsor willing to pay you to implement exceptions on Windows inside LLVM? I think LLVM interests enough people, and exceptions can then be used in C++ code too.
I have no idea of the amount of work required, but maybe one or two months of work may suffice to do that.

Once LLVM has them, LDC can use them and can be used on Windows too. So LDC may become the reference D compiler (and it can grow support for D2 language in some months).
LLVM isn't as efficient as GCC, but it's modern and actively developed.

(Eventually a project like dil too (D front-end for LLVM written in D) may become viable, but that's for the future).

Bye,
bearophile