Tango 0.99.8 Sean released

Don nospam at nospam.com
Fri Mar 27 01:51:05 PDT 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:op.urfelis1eav7ka at steves.networkengines.com...
>> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:22:51 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer
>> <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Just an FYI, the Win32 binary version is not working yet, stay tuned.
>>>
>>> -Steve
>> Should be there now, my first time uploading one of these, so be wary ;)
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Seems to be working fine for me :)
>
> Also, I noticed the warnings I used to get from tango (when compiling
> with -w) are now gone. Normally I wouldn't really care, but due to DMD's
> inability to actually treat warnings as warnings, this finally allows me to
> actually check my my own project for warnings without DMD deciding to
> complain and bail out before it gets to my code. So, I guess that's my
> roundabout way of saying thanks to the Tango crew for doing such a great job
> and taking care of those.

Thanks are largely due to Walter, I think, since he fixed a couple of
warning-related bugs a few DMD releases ago. I never used to use -w,
since it created so many nonsense warnings, but now I use it all the
time and since the bugfixes, I've not seen a single case where it
generated a spurious warning.
Most of those warnings could be turned into errors now, I reckon.