Tango 0.99.8 Sean released

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sat Mar 28 12:47:30 PDT 2009

http://dil.googlecode.com/svn/doc/Tango_0.99.7/tango.text.xml.Document.html

> I'm assuming the latter are an older version of dil/kandil?.

I think so yes (at least a few patches difference).

> I was a bit annoyed by the API/Modules modality in the latter docs.
> It'd be nice if the "Modules" list became collapsible and put the API
> elements as children of each module.  It seems the newer(?) version of
> the docs is collapsible, but has yet to eliminate the modality.  The
> newer version is tolerable though since it doesn't just hijack the frame
> when I click on a module.  It made me have to navigate back to the
> "Modules" mode every time I wanted to go to a different module.  So
> yeah, forced modality here is a bad thing.  I'd prefer to just get rid
> of the modality entirely and merge it all into one collapsible index.

Not sure it is feasible to put _all_ public Tango symbols in the same tree,
JS performance seems to very quickly become a potential issue. In that case
the modality is a very acceptable workaround IMO. Feel free to work with
Aziz on it though. Or create ticket(s).

> Also, it seems dil has yet to make types found in the documentation act
> as hyperlinks to their definitions or at least module of definition.
> This one is big for me.  I'm hoping it's been planned.

Not sure what you mean here -if you mean that a return type should link to
the docs of that type, then yes, that is something that we very much want
but that requires more semantic processing than dil currently has.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net